Terms & Conditions
• Rental Requirements
• Additional Driver
• Underage Drivers
• Airport Fee
• Intercity Airport Charge
• Express RA Documents
• Protections – General Conditions
• Collision Damage Waiver CDW
• Personal Accidents PAI
• Supplementary Liability SLI
• Combo: CDW, Dents, Scratches & Emblems
• Super CDW
• About the Content
Rental Requirements• To be at least 21 years old. (Please read the Underage Drivers conditions)
• Passport or Peruvian Foreign Resident Card.
• A valid driver license with at least 1 year since issued.
• A valid Credit Card to guarantee the rental with a credit line that let Budget put a hold on it according to the model and type of the vehicle.
• Accept the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, the ones included in www.budgetperu.com and the corresponding for each promotion if applicable.
Note: As a requirement by Visa, Master Card, Diners, American Express and Discovery, a minimum amount of the whole rental shall be charged to the credit card due to Traffic Fines procedures.
UseThe car rental service offered by Budget Peru is for a private use only, and is not authorized for the public transportation of people or goods.
GuaranteeIn order to guarantee the rental, Budget Car Rental Perú will contact the client's credit-card brand: Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club or American Express and will request for a hold of a fraction of the client's credit line.
Once the vehicle is returned, Budget Perú will immediately ask the client's credit-card brand to free the hold amount requested at the vehicle pick-up. The bank that issued the client's credit card is the responsible to process the last operation.
These minimun guarantees amounts can be increased due to the client destination, the total rental charge or the rental length. These amounts can be increased up to a 30%, which can also be lowered if the client makes a prepayment at the vehicle pick-up.
|Group||Reference Make & Model||Minimun guarantee|
|A, M||Kia Picanto, Hyundai I10||S/. 2,000|
|B, C, D, O, K||Kia Rio, Toyota Yaris, Suzuki SX4, Nissan Versa||S/. 3,000|
|G, G2, E, J||Toyota Corolla, Peugeot 301, Suzuki APV, Suzuki Grand Vitara||S/. 4,000|
|H, XA, I, F, N||Toyota Camry, Mini Cooper, Hyundai H1, Toyota Rav 4, Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Hilux||S/. 5,000|
|L||Toyota Prado Land Cruiser, Kia Sorento||S/. 6,000|
|XG, XH||Audi A4, BMW 316i||S/. 7,000|
Additional DriverThe vehicle can only be driven by:
• The renter with driver’s license and the spouse without any additional charge.
• The owner of the Credit Card responsible of the Rental Agreement (without driver’s license) can delegate the driving to another person that must be stated on the Rental Agreement under his responsibility without any additional charge.
• Any additional driver must present a driver's license with 1 year since issued.
• Any additional driver that has been stated on the Rental Agreement and is not considered under the previous statements will be charged US$ 4.72 or S/. 16.28 per day.
Underage DriversRenters with less than 21 years that qualify for the rest of the rental requirements can be accepted for a Rental Agreement by accepting an additional charge of US$ 23.60 or S/. 81.42 per day. This charge also applies for additional drivers with at least 18 years but under 21 years.
Reservations• Make your online reservations with 1 hour advance booking (may change according to season).
• During the most important holidays of the year (Easter/Holy Week, National Holidays, Christmas and New Year) it may be necessary that a customer service representative confirm your reservation.
• Pick-up the vehicle in the place, date and time as agreed with the Customer Service Representative.
• Mentioning your flight number in your reservation, will guarantee your vehicle if a delay occurs. However if the flight arrives, and there is no sign of the client, the reservation would turn into a “No Show”.
• Provide any additional information to the Customer Service Representative as requested.
• The vehicles are quoted, reserved and managed by their Car Group and not by make, model or color.
• If the client do not show up within 30 minutes of the pickup time we will consider the client a "no call / no show" and the reservation may be cancelled.
Holidays Service HoursTake for granted that there will be always a person ready to assist you 24/7, however there are some holidays that our service hours is limited at the off-airport locations.
The following dates Miraflores, Barranco, San Borja and Surco will be open only from 08:00 am to 02:00 pm:
- Holy Thursday
- July 28th
- December 24th
- December 31st
The following dates only our Jorge Chávez Airport location will be open, all of our off-airport locations: Miraflores, Barranco, San Borja and Surco will be closed:
- Good Friday
- July 29th
- December 25th
- January 1st
Please contact us for information about any other holiday service hours for our off-airport locations.
Rates• Rates are displayed with Peruvian Tax (IGV 18%); however, the amounts expressed at steps 2 and 3 are not the Final Price, in order to obtain the Final Price (or Rate) you must make a quotation (step 4).
• The reservations guarantees a rate, otherwise changes may take place without any prior notice.
• Rates include 230km for free use per day. Please ask for the additional kilometer rate.
• At your return, a grace period of 59 minutes is given, provided that these 59 minutes are within the rental location working hours. After that period, you must pay an extra charge for every additional hour. Starting the third hour in excess, a full day of rental must be charged. The whole amount of the hired protections will be charged right from the first additional hour.
• Technical bugs in the reservation module are considered as non-compromise errors. Budget Peru reserves the rights to modify or cancel those reservations in case a loss may arise against the renter and/or Budget Peru. Any modification due to a technical bug will be done with the best rate available according to the original reservation to benefit the client.
Airport FeeDue to regulations from Lima Airport Partners (LAP), the rentals on locations at "Jorge Chávez" Airport are subject to an Airport Fee of 15%.
Intercity Airport ChargeRentals form Barranco, Miraflores, San Borja and Surco locations, will have and additional charge of US$ 15 or S/. 51, if the client decides to return the rented vehicle at the “Jorge Chávez” International Airport location.
Vehicle return on SundaysRentals from off-airport locations that require to return the rented vehicle at the Barranco’s location on Sundays, will have an additional charge of US$ 15 or S/. 51.75 per rental.
Express Rental Agreement DocumentsIf you changed your return location within the last 24 hours and you wish to have your Rental Agreement Documents ready when you return the rented vehicle, you can ask for this service with a single payment of US$ 11.80 or S/. 40 for delivery costs. This service can only be hired with at least 3 hours prior the return time.
Coverage - General ConditionsProtections have been developed for your own peace of mind. If you decline them, you are responsible to refund the whole value of the vehicle. In order for the coverage to apply, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
a) Inform the accident to the Police at once;
b) Inform Budget immediately;
c) Submit in less than 24 hours from the time of the accident the Police Report, Alcohol Test and Police Evaluation of Damages. These documents must not state:
3. Collision against fixed objects
4. Violation of the Rental Agreement or infringements to any transit or Peruvian Law.
Collision Damage Waiver - CDWIf you accept this protection, you will decrease your monetary responsibility whenever a repair cost may arise from accidental damage to the rented vehicle caused by collision or if the rented vehicle is stolen in Peru. You will be responsible only for a Deductible (US$ 1,200); any financial responsibility over that Deductible will be covered by Budget Car Rental Peru, Chocavento S.A. However, if you decline our CDW Protection, you will be responsible for the whole damage cost or up to the commercial value of the vehicle, whichever applies.
Personal Accidents - PAIRenter, valid additional drivers and passengers (up to the passengers/seats limit stated at the vehicle title) will be protected up to US$ 20,000 for accidental death or permanent disability (according to chart) and up to US$ 4,000 for medical expenses due to a car accident while in the rented vehicle.
Supplemental Liability - SLIWhenever you or the valid additional driver incurs in third party liability while driving the rented vehicle, Budget – CHOCAVENTO S.A. will provide you with Third Party Protection up to US$ 500,000 and up to US$ 20,000 for protection against passenger claims (up to the passengers/seats limit stated at the vehicle title).
Combo: CDW, Dents, Scratches & EmblemsIf you accept this protection package you will obtain:
• Collision Damage Waiver Protection with a Deductible of US$ 1,200
• 100% protection against small damages inflicted to the rented vehicle’s bodywork and/or paintwork (small dents and scratches) due to vandalism or third party bad faith actions,
• Car emblems theft protection.
Collision against fixed objects or parked vehicles is not covered by this protection; likewise, it does not cover against damages to the bodywork and paintwork made by careless use of the vehicle or driver’s bad faith actions.
Super CDWThis is a FULL VEHICLE COVER which includes all the benefits of the Combo Protection (CDW, Dents, Scratches & Emblems Protection) and you will also be relieve from the Deductible payment whenever a repair cost may arise from accidental damage to the rented vehicle caused by Collision or if the rented vehicle is stolen. You will be protected against car accessories theft and damaged or stolen windshield and glass windows as well.
1. Car audio.
3. Spare tire and rim.
5. Lug Wrench.
6. Rear view mirrors (just glasses, not the whole mounting base).
7. Ignition Key.
8. Alarm’s remote control.
9. Alarm system.
10. Windshield wipers.
11. Loss or damaged wheel covers.
12. Vehicle title loss.